You are not logged in.

#21 18-08-2011 19:43:14

Krillscalper

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy!

jbull86 wrote:

Hey Krillscalper

Your links are not working even when you type them into a separte browser. What you need to do for us to view them is when you go into edit reply or post reply there is a tool bar at the top for links and images to be displayed. Just scroll over the tool bar icons to see what each one is. Look forward to seeing what you post!

cant see ur image either big_smile
the forum has to be registered to imageshack!

but my chart is up cool

JB

Last edited by Krillscalper (18-08-2011 19:45:00)

#22 18-08-2011 21:21:43

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

New, easy to use picture uploading tool is now up and running.

:)

"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

#23 18-08-2011 22:54:42

jbull86

Hey John,

I think I am liking your second tradegy better than Sure Fire! Today I was trading EUR/GBP using the Sure Fire Strategy and I was up to 0.12 so 4 trades open. The difference between the buy and sell TP and SL was 5 pips. So I was watching as the BUY orders SL at 0.86730 and the SELL orders remained open. I was very lucky because it sold down even further and my SELL orders TP at 0.8668. So I was searching for MQL4 prgrammers online today and ran across Trading Automatics. I was wanting to program your method in an EA. All we have to do is write out the project description. Let me know what you think! The the sky is the limit here we can attach this EA to multiple charts a day and bank!

Here is the site: Trading Automatics

Here is a sample: Project Description

I was wanting to see if we could program the pivot calulator and general trend direction as in the picture below this would help out a lot!

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1220/forexeurusd.gif

Last edited by jbull86 (18-08-2011 23:22:36)

#24 19-08-2011 10:30:28

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

A friend of mine runs the French version of this site and someone recently provided him with an EA for the second version of the strategy; as I understood it, you have to manually enter the first trade and the EA handles the other positions. My friend tested it but said he got an error message, he thinks it's because his broker is a variable spread broker but isn't sure. If you want to test it, here is the EA.

I admit I'm not too keen on the idea of buying an EA anywhere, mainly because the strategy could in theory evolve to reflect improved parameters (for example a lower TP after x positions so as to get out of an unusually long trade); also, if this strategy proves to be as good as it has been so far, someone will eventually creep out of the woodwork to program it (I'm going to a trading show in Paris next month, with some luck maybe I'll run into a benevolent programmer). I also get a kick out of running this thing manually (of course when I get to the point where I'm managing 3 currency pairs simultaneously my view may change!).

#25 20-08-2011 03:01:54

jbull86

Tried download the EA into my MT4 expert advisor folder but its not loading into the plateform? Not sure how to toubleshoot this? Any ideas? I noticed that its a .RAR file and most of my other EAs are mq4 or ex4. Ok got the RAR extracted and placed into my expert files, now I cant get the EA to attach to the chart. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Last edited by jbull86 (21-08-2011 23:06:12)

#26 21-08-2011 11:57:14

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

I gotta admit, I'm totally clueless on using EAs :(

#27 05-09-2011 18:24:19

jbull86

Hey John any luck with the EA? jus wondering if u have gotten anything from that tradeshow yet and how trading is going?

#28 05-09-2011 21:54:53

nerolink

Hi There - I 've been trading for 5 years now and seen alot of strategies come and go. This one is based on logic and not so much technical analysis. I really am tired of all the bad TA strategies out there. Great work on this guys. I am using this strategy now daily with 5 pairs and works pretty cool. As I am in IT I work with dev guys all the time. Will ask one to code this. I still get taken for a ride now and then with a single pair that just dont want to cross but mostly its because there was just not enough power in the market. Love to combine this with ADX to confirm trending market. Anyway see you guys soon again. Cheers

#29 06-09-2011 08:34:08

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

jbull86 wrote:

Hey John any luck with the EA? jus wondering if u have gotten anything from that tradeshow yet and how trading is going?

Zero luck on the EA, my friend who uses EAs is using another free one as of lately and using that as it's profitable (he's still in early phase, but he says it looks promising, he's tweaking it to reduce monthly performance to 10% so as to reduce drawdown to reasonable level).

Trade show is in 10 days...

I've just hooked up my trading account to myfxbook, you can see my performance here (keep in mind, I just started recently so not much data, will start trading tomorrow or Thursday): myfxbook (again this is using the 2nd strategy (halfway down the first page of this thread!)

#30 06-09-2011 08:42:59

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

nerolink wrote:

Hi There - I 've been trading for 5 years now and seen alot of strategies come and go. This one is based on logic and not so much technical analysis. I really am tired of all the bad TA strategies out there. Great work on this guys. I am using this strategy now daily with 5 pairs and works pretty cool. As I am in IT I work with dev guys all the time. Will ask one to code this. I still get taken for a ride now and then with a single pair that just dont want to cross but mostly its because there was just not enough power in the market. Love to combine this with ADX to confirm trending market. Anyway see you guys soon again. Cheers

Hi Nero...awesome if you could get this one coded!
I always make sure there's an identifiable trend on the Eur/Usd before I dive in, otherwise I just sit it out and wait til market moves.
:)

Board footer