You are not logged in.

#1 20-08-2018 10:10:47

lukeit

Strategies similar "surefire" hedging

hi, i using strategies like this surefire. the good method is a light martingale with limited shots. I using around 6-7 shots. the moneymanagement is fondamental. The settings are difficult, but is more confortabale that  to study indicators etc, that they show just the past, and not the future. did you try these strategies?

#2 22-08-2018 08:06:06

lukeit

Re: Strategies similar "surefire" hedging

the scheme is very simple, (look like surefire), but in surefire there are some "mistakes", for example, the martingale is too much aggressive. i've a robot called "hedgestrategy1" that works only in java, and works good for me only with some shots. otherwise the drawdown will be too much consistent. the main obkective is

pairs with trends;
good moneymanagement.

#3 22-08-2018 08:39:54

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

lukeit wrote:

the scheme is very simple, (look like surefire), but in surefire there are some "mistakes", for example, the martingale is too much aggressive. i've a robot called "hedgestrategy1" that works only in java, and works good for me only with some shots. otherwise the drawdown will be too much consistent. the main obkective is

pairs with trends;
good moneymanagement.

I have tried the strategies, although with demo accounts only, only thing is that I haven't found an EA to correctly manage it once I launch a position (and I'm no good at programming). So while picking a great entry point is key, so is making the following positions (and manually I'm unable to, seems like I'm always away from my desk at crucial times when I need to launch a new position!).

Does your robot work with MetaTrader? I don't know anything about Java... Also, do you have a myfxbook.com page linked to your trades?

"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

#4 22-08-2018 10:06:24

lukeit

nope, i bought the robot, but is only in java (for a swiss broker D.), in past i used the strategy in manual version on mt4, was good, but with robot is better :))  you can try in manual, just set a pending order for the next trade, and use 6-9 pairs, not 1!  myfxbook doesn't allow dukascopy.

#5 22-11-2019 13:29:45

ScottSutherland

You have found a right way out in this case.

Board footer