You are not logged in.

#91 21-10-2012 22:02:37

johnedward
Admin & Trader
From: Paris - France
Registered: 21-12-2009
Posts: 2561
Website

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

dedoctor wrote:

Admin, your system look promising but pls when are you releasing v3 ? So that I can add to my system. First, if a trader can identify the current trend, then the less risk.

Quite honestly, after testing my newest version, I have come to conclude that it is not worth posting as results were disappointing, flat, ..., on average I have a big loss that wipes out all of my small gains so I will just keep on testing other strategies until I find one that I feel truly comfortable with. The Ver 2.0 strategy is fine as it is, it's just that my fear gets the best of me and I inevitably pull out of a trade early rather than letting the strategy run its natural course!


"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

Offline

 

#92 29-10-2012 18:52:09

sam14985
Member
Registered: 05-07-2012
Posts: 19

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

hey john

one thing i observed from last one and half month...

if we want to use version 2...then we have to pick high and low of daily......like ...if market goes up then i am putting sell stop order after 30 points.....same time i put one buy stop order from high.....,,

then some how sell stop order triggered.....and market going down but did not touch our tp....then what i just did is ...putting buy stop order on after 30 pips from current market pip...(so basically buy stop order comes on where sell stop triggered)

nice thing about this strategy is if tp did not hit do not worry buy or sell stop order exactly after 30pip(or whatever you select). and it is also reducing loss on trade....

and i got very nice results so far.....

Offline

 

#93 08-01-2013 01:57:04

mentalkronik
Member
Registered: 08-01-2013
Posts: 1

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

any problem with the gap issue? when the ea floating on friday and the market  closed and when the market open on monday, the gap will hit the sl more than the tp..

any idea to add hidden sl and hidden tp on this ea?

Offline

 

#94 09-01-2013 08:02:53

johnedward
Admin & Trader
From: Paris - France
Registered: 21-12-2009
Posts: 2561
Website

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

mentalkronik wrote:

any problem with the gap issue? when the ea floating on friday and the market  closed and when the market open on monday, the gap will hit the sl more than the tp..

any idea to add hidden sl and hidden tp on this ea?

Yes, gaps can be an issue here.

Unfortunately, you can't control the surprise you'll get when the market reopens. Either the market will move in your favour and go beyond your TP in which case you'll have to close out manually, or the market will move against you, missing your SL, in which case you'll have to close your position manually open a new position where price currently is and place new SL and TP levels accordingly.


"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

Offline

 

#95 15-05-2019 16:44:36

maaku
Member
Registered: 15-05-2019
Posts: 2

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

Hi,

Thanks for this, looks interesting. Kinda lost with this

If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size).

Can you give a sample order sequence?

TIA

Offline

 

#96 15-05-2019 16:45:53

maaku
Member
Registered: 15-05-2019
Posts: 2

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

And the shared EA is for V1 and double martingale or I'm missing something?

Offline

 

#97 16-05-2019 07:02:02

blonde
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 23-09-2017
Posts: 4

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

Dear John,


Thanks a lot for your superb job on this website. I'm here speaking about three strategies in this link: http://www.forex-central.net/sure-fire-forex-hedging-strategy.php

As you mentioned, Strategies is:
N1) Sure-Fire
N2) Double martingale
N3) your version of the strategy

Could you please document version 3 like version 1 and explain in detail. Version 2 is little blurred for me and version 3 is very blurred for me as well.

Q1) Many thanks for your website and strategies posted. You are awesome. But I feel the strategy is not making sense for me, as I see an issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, please? In 2) Double martingale I see the strategy like below, and I believe every time we start the strategy, we start with B1, S1 (If this is the clear start point when there is no position open)While you start at middle points with B1, S3? If we should start with B1, S3 why not start the first position instead of B1, S1 by B1, S3 or B3, S1(depend on the direction of the trend):
https://prnt.sc/np7ezg

Q2) In strategy three in the first link I mentioned initially. I see you mentioned "If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size)." I don't get what you mean, may please explain it with pictures, like what you did for strategy number one in the link I mentioned initially?
When and where we set up these two orders? shouldn't one in direction be a position of order at market price and the second one its associated hedge position? Why not start from over again?

May please mention by number when you are trying to answer, and make it clear for me that what number are you referring from?

I'm confused, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks so much for your website and advice.

Best wishes
B

Offline

 

#98 28-05-2019 11:56:03

johnedward
Admin & Trader
From: Paris - France
Registered: 21-12-2009
Posts: 2561
Website

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

maaku wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this, looks interesting. Kinda lost with this

If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size).

Can you give a sample order sequence?

TIA

You're correct, it's not super clear. I've redone the paragraph of the strategy page as follows with a concrete example of a buy order that hits a SL but not the sell stop order:
If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place a new order back at the price point you just departed from, where price is now headed towards and where your previous order was placed (however, instead of a sell stop order, you will have a sell limit order, OR, instead of a buy stop order, you will have a buy limit order). Example: At $1.1050 you place a .1 lot buy order, but price reverses down to $1.1021 triggering the stop loss but not dropping far enough to trigger the .2 lot sell stop order at $1.1020. You would then place a .2 lot buy stop position above the current price at $1.1050 (with the usual 29-pip stop loss and 30-pip take profit orders). So now you have 2 different .2 lot positions in place (the original one at $1.1020 and the new one at $1.1050). As soon as one sell order is triggered, delete the other one and proceed with setting up your usual SL and TP levels


"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

Offline

 

#99 28-05-2019 12:01:05

johnedward
Admin & Trader
From: Paris - France
Registered: 21-12-2009
Posts: 2561
Website

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

blonde wrote:

Q1) Many thanks for your website and strategies posted. You are awesome. But I feel the strategy is not making sense for me, as I see an issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, please? In 2) Double martingale I see the strategy like below, and I believe every time we start the strategy, we start with B1, S1 (If this is the clear start point when there is no position open)While you start at middle points with B1, S3? If we should start with B1, S3 why not start the first position instead of B1, S1 by B1, S3 or B3, S1(depend on the direction of the trend):
https://prnt.sc/np7ezg

Q2) In strategy three in the first link I mentioned initially. I see you mentioned "If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size)." I don't get what you mean, may please explain it with pictures, like what you did for strategy number one in the link I mentioned initially?
When and where we set up these two orders? shouldn't one in direction be a position of order at market price and the second one its associated hedge position? Why not start from over again?

Q1) You're also correct, no need to start with B1, S3 positions, once you've hit your take profit target, you can start again with B1, S1 orders! I will hopefully get the picture updated within the next few days.

Q2) I've just fixed that paragraph (see post right above yours).

Hope everything is clearer for everybody and apologies for the confusion cool


"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

Offline

 

#100 28-05-2019 19:09:15

blonde
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 23-09-2017
Posts: 4

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

Dear John,


Thanks so much for your participation and solving these two blurred points. regarding below:
'If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place a new order back at the price point you just departed from, where price is now headed towards and where your previous order was placed (however, instead of a sell stop order, you will have a sell limit order, OR, instead of a buy stop order, you will have a buy limit order). Example: At $1.1050 you place a .1 lot buy order, but price reverses down to $1.1021 triggering the stop loss but not dropping far enough to trigger the .2 lot sell stop order at $1.1020. You would then place a .2 lot sell limit position above the current price at $1.1050 (with the usual 29-pip stop loss and 30-pip take profit orders). So now you have 2 different .2 lot sell positions in place (the original one at $1.1020 and the new one at $1.1050). As soon as one sell order is triggered, delete the other one.'

In the above case there are a few blurred scenarios when the 0.1 positions's SL is triggered and second order of 0.2 at $1.1020 is not triggered as price reverted at first orders SL at $1.1021:
Scenario-1) Price go up and keep going up from current price and will bypass the $1.1050 price (where we have 0.2 sell limit order), in this case, the Sell-limit order will not be triggered (as the price will not fall back to $1.1050 to trigger the sell-limit), and price keep going up and up it reaches e.g. $1.1100 and still going up.
This is one case that I believe that cause strategy to fail unless you have some secrets in your sleeve that you didn't give us before? wink
Could you give us the full strategy?

- Also, could you find us a grid strategy? Could you mix these hedges and martingale and grid and make the next generation of this strategy? as you are the current King of the hedging strategies smile I'm seeking your valuable advice, please?

- Could you answer faster? I was checking this forum for more than a week waiting for your valuable answer.

Thank you smile
Best of luck for you

Offline

 

Board footer