You are not logged in.

#91 21-10-2012 22:02:37

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy! (ver. 2.0)

dedoctor wrote:

Admin, your system look promising but pls when are you releasing v3 ? So that I can add to my system. First, if a trader can identify the current trend, then the less risk.

Quite honestly, after testing my newest version, I have come to conclude that it is not worth posting as results were disappointing, flat, ..., on average I have a big loss that wipes out all of my small gains so I will just keep on testing other strategies until I find one that I feel truly comfortable with. The Ver 2.0 strategy is fine as it is, it's just that my fear gets the best of me and I inevitably pull out of a trade early rather than letting the strategy run its natural course!

"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

#92 29-10-2012 18:52:09

sam14985

hey john

one thing i observed from last one and half month...

if we want to use version 2...then we have to pick high and low of daily......like ...if market goes up then i am putting sell stop order after 30 points.....same time i put one buy stop order from high.....,,

then some how sell stop order triggered.....and market going down but did not touch our tp....then what i just did is ...putting buy stop order on after 30 pips from current market pip...(so basically buy stop order comes on where sell stop triggered)

nice thing about this strategy is if tp did not hit do not worry buy or sell stop order exactly after 30pip(or whatever you select). and it is also reducing loss on trade....

and i got very nice results so far.....

#93 08-01-2013 01:57:04

mentalkronik

any problem with the gap issue? when the ea floating on friday and the market  closed and when the market open on monday, the gap will hit the sl more than the tp..

any idea to add hidden sl and hidden tp on this ea?

#94 09-01-2013 08:02:53

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

mentalkronik wrote:

any problem with the gap issue? when the ea floating on friday and the market  closed and when the market open on monday, the gap will hit the sl more than the tp..

any idea to add hidden sl and hidden tp on this ea?

Yes, gaps can be an issue here.

Unfortunately, you can't control the surprise you'll get when the market reopens. Either the market will move in your favour and go beyond your TP in which case you'll have to close out manually, or the market will move against you, missing your SL, in which case you'll have to close your position manually open a new position where price currently is and place new SL and TP levels accordingly.

"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

Board footer