You are not logged in.

#1 26-07-2010 10:10:37

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy!

I have held off on posting my personal forex trading strategies in this forum for one simple reason: they didn't always work. My 2 first strategies (an RSI-based strategy, and a strategy based on placing buy/sell orders based on the previous day's high and low) did well after a month's worth of testing, but once I started trading with real money, bad bad bad things happened! To make things worse, I used a Martingale strategy as well (doubling my "bets" each time I had a losing trade; doing so only works if you are able to double your trades as high as 6 or more times).

Now, on to this killer new strategy. My friend Ludovic (from broker-forex.fr) showed me this technique a few weeks ago and he claimed that after testing it in demo mode he never lost. I also tested this simple technique on a demo account and was amazed. An easy 30 pips each time.

If you decide to try this technique out and are as impressed with the results as I am, please do me a favour and open up a trading account by clicking on a broker link from this website.

Rather than post the strategy here in the forum, I created a page specially dedicated to it along with graphic examples. Enjoy it & prosper!!!!!!!!!

Arrow The "sure-fire" forex trading strategy

Arrow A comparison of the best forex brokers
EDIT (Aug 18, 2011): I now use a slightly different strategy which features lower risk and is just as, if not more, successful. Go down to this post for this new and improved trading strategy: http://www.forex-central.net/forum/view … d=103#p575

"Anything worth having is worth going for - all the way." - J.R. Ewing

#2 25-03-2011 23:14:49

rjw

Re: AWESOME: New forex hedging strategy!

Yes, this is a very interesting strategy. And can be adapted to use the daily candle high/low.  But, as it is a martingale strategy...albeit with a twist...then good money management is crucial to its success....and timing.

Nevertheless, I would hope that someone out there could make an ea of it for me.  Or give me an idea of how much it would cost to have it made for me.....

fingers crossed    fx

Last edited by rjw (25-03-2011 23:15:55)

#3 28-03-2011 07:44:03

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

I've been trying to get a friend to do one, but he's been unable to find the time to do one...and I'm clueless about EA programming... If I ever get my hands on one, I'll definitely post it up in the news (and give it away free).

#4 28-03-2011 23:18:28

rjw

Let's hope your friend finds the time one day.........

#5 30-06-2011 14:53:21

galhun

Hi! Awesome strategy. I try to use it on 10/20/10 form on Eur/Usd on 1m chart. Do you have some tip, because yesterday i ran into the 0,48 position. But luckily i didnt need to use 0,96.
Thank u
Zoli

#6 30-06-2011 14:57:49

galhun

or the 30/60/30 form is good to for me, but the problem: i cant be sure when the price is trending. Can u help me?

#7 07-07-2011 08:55:23

johnedward
Admin & Trader
Website

galhun wrote:

Hi! Awesome strategy. I try to use it on 10/20/10 form on Eur/Usd on 1m chart. Do you have some tip, because yesterday i ran into the 0,48 position. But luckily i didnt need to use 0,96.
Thank u
Zoli

galhun wrote:

or the 30/60/30 form is good to for me, but the problem: i cant be sure when the price is trending. Can u help me?

Sorry it took me so long to answer, been on a mini vacation!

First of all, stay away from 1M charts. I use the 5M and the 1H to figure out when price is trending (more information on how to identify the trend direction is here: Trading the Trend)

Arrow Second tip, I've been experimenting with another hedging configuration which I really really like and it works even better, try it out! Here's what you do: if price is trending up, place a buy order for .01 lots (also place a Stop Loss at 29 pips and a Take Profit at 30 pips). At the same time place a Sell Stop order for .02 lots 30 pips below with a 29 pip SL and 30 pip TP. If the first position hits SL and second order is triggered, place a Buy Stop order 30 pips above your new order for .04 lots. Etc... Your order sizes will be .01/.02/.04/.08/.16/etc...
If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size).

I've been testing this for over a month, and have yet to have a losing day. At the very most, I'll have a size .32 lot position open, but I have yet to encounter a .64 lot size...prices can't range forever.

Hope this helps you, keep us posted on your success!!

:)

#8 08-07-2011 13:10:49

galhun

Dont worry, everybody need to relax sometimes. Interesting, and thank you for your help:D I'll try it.

#9 08-07-2011 14:15:00

galhun

The trending helper, you showed me very good. I like it. it helped me a lot. Thank you.

#10 16-08-2011 01:38:01

only1looser

Hey johnedward!

it's really great to find this such a great trading system. i have been looking for a minimum loss trading system that dont cut off my balance. i think i have found something better than this.

well i have a question here. I think you wanted to mention about 30/30/30 system in your second tips

""""if price is trending up, place a buy order for .01 lots (also place a Stop Loss at 29 pips and a Take Profit at 30 pips). At the same time place a Sell Stop order for .02 lots 30 pips below with a 29 pip SL and 30 pip TP. If the first position hits SL and second order is triggered, place a Buy Stop order 30 pips above your new order for .04 lots. Etc... Your order sizes will be .01/.02/.04/.08/.16/etc...
If ever your stop loss is hit and the new order has not been triggered because price has reversed, place this new order on the opposite side, where price is now headed towards (in this situation you will have both a buy stop and sell stop order set up for the same lot size).::::"""""

Could you please make it clear ? i think you meant to try 30 take profit and 30 stop loss, that means 30/30/30... am i right ???

by the way let us know about your friend progress on making EA for this Fairy system...

thanks
kader

"He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has."

Board footer